It’s hard to imagine a more heavenly bayside destination than sunny Rock Hall, MD, home to romantic Osprey Point, a marina-inn-restaurant multiplex within steps of the picturesque Chesapeake Bay. Rock Hall, MD, is widely recognized as “The Pearl of the Chesapeake” because of its distinctive charm, natural beauty, historical significance, and instant access to countless aquatic adventures. Osprey Point itself remains a beacon of light for romance-starved couples, boaters, and growing families alike. This 30-acre haven is seconds away from an aquatic excursion but also within a mile from quaint downtown, home to a one-of-a-kind shopping village.
15 Unique Ways to Explore Rock Hall, MD
Rock Hall, MD, seems like lightyears away from the city’s boisterous streets. Travelers regard it as charming, whimsical, and quintessential, primarily because it lends itself to such a diverse population of vacationers. It’s not often you stumble upon a waterfront destination that hosts foodies, yachtsmen, and hunters all under one roof. That destination remains Osprey Point. In hopes of enhancing your next escape to picturesque Rock Hall, MD, we’ve compiled 15 unique ways to explore the region.
- Relish Osprey Point Marina’s countless on-site amenities. Welcome to a 160-slip, bayside paradise!
- Spend an afternoon at the 2,300-acre Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge.
- Paddle through the Chester River on a guided kayak adventure.
- Take a two-hour sunset dining cruise aboard the Chester River Packet.
- Shop ‘til you drop in downtown Rock Hall, MD, with stops at The Hickory Stick, Eastern Shore Wreath Co. (in Rock Hall Village), and Hook Line n Sinker.
- Plan a beach day at Ferry Park (or Eastern Neck).
- Embark on a culinary voyage across the Seven Seas of flavor at Osprey Point Restaurant.
- Tour the town’s many historical landmarks, such as Waterman’s Museum and the Rock Hall Museum.
- Hook a monster rockfish with help from the Wayne Gatling Guide Service.
- Sail through the Chesapeake Bay on Sultana, a 1768 schooner.
- Visit Rock Hall, MD, during one of its many festivals, including the Pirates & Wenches Fantasy Weekend, FallFest, and Waterman’s Day. Please check the dates and times, as well as COVID-19 updates.
- Savor a flavorful ice cream cone at Get the Scoop.
- Board the scenic and undeniably scrumptious Cruise-n-Crabcake voyage.
- Watch a live performance at The Mainstay, a historic music venue in the heart of Rock Hall, MD.
- Sip on a steaming cup of joe at the Java Rock Coffeehouse.
Osprey Point, an Essential Chesapeake Bay Inn
Osprey Point remains one of the most enticing four-season weekend getaways in Maryland, especially for those near Baltimore, Annapolis, D.C., and Dover. Because Rock Hall, MD, boasts so many marinas, skilled boaters can swiftly sail or motor across the Chesapeake Bay en route to our peaceful slice of Kent County, Maryland. While visitors prefer to lounge in our head-turning Main Inn, we also have a 19th-century Farmhouse and a bayfront Annex. With such a spellbinding array of lodging options, you’ll no doubt find an accommodation that best suits your group.
To check availability, please click the Book Now button (or simply call us directly at 410-639-2194). We cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces this winter!